Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pinball in the BG of American Dad

I know I've mentioned this several times, but since I got into pinball, I've been on the lookout whenever I watch tv/movies/etc. for pinball machines.  I think it's extra funny when pinball machines show up in animated features, shows, or comics, because (and trust me on this one) pinball machines are HARD TO DRAW!  It's really interesting to see how the various angles/proportions/components of a pinball machine are handles.  What buttons are included is interesting.

I've seen pinball machines pop up in a couple different episodes of American Dad!, and I thought that I would post them here for posterity.

 This is a pretty serviceable image, but I don't know what's going on with the front of the cabinet?  I see the coin mech, but then there are is a lot more mechanical whatnot just stuck on there, like the control panel of Buck Rogers' starship.
 Ha ha, what!?  Is there a plug on the back of the machine?  You could plug something into the pinball machine?  The legs are pretty funny, and the simplified machines in the background kill me.  Anybody have a guess what they are referencing?
The "Eight is Enough" pinball machine actually showed up in two episodes.  That game next to it is either supposed to be Stern's Nascar or Bally's Indianapolis 500 or Bally's Corvette.

Racing: The game where several opponents vie for position in a competition of speed!  Now with cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment