Monday, March 24, 2014

Pinball Rumble!

I found this sketch in the old Jon Chad archives the other day.  Truthfully, I can't remember for the life of me what it is from!  It's not the right composition to make a good shirt, so it must have been a sketch for a poster?  In any case, it's really fun, and illustrates one of my favorite things about pinball: the narrative behind the gameplay.  I remember when Alec and I watched Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball for the first time, and there is this bit about the game High Speed.  They talk about how you are supposed to be the ball.  That idea of what role you play in the game is interesting to me.  That's what I think I was trying to draw here; the battle between the player, and all of the modes, wizards and bosses you need to fight in pinball!


No comments:

Post a Comment