Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gene X Hwang!

A few months ago, I got an email from a guy named Gene X Hwang, asking if I wanted to play some pinball.  That same week I got an email from DTZ #5 contributor Ryan Claytor, telling me that he had met Gene at the Chicago Pinball Expo and that he was a cool guy and I should hang out with him.  Good enough for me!

We met up at the Pacific Pinball Museum to play pinball for a few hours.  We had a great time playing some two-player games, learning new machines together and dropping knowledge on each other when we could.  It was very fun, non-competitive play.

Now, Gene is not just a super friendly guy - he's also an extremely talented professional photographer and a contributor to various pinball podcasts.  He took a bunch of photos at the PPM, which he said I could post here (check out his site to see a bunch more great pinball photos) and he also recorded a quick interview with me, which appears in this episode of The Pinball Podcast (towards the end).





Anyway, it's nice to have a new Bay Area homie to play some pinball with, so hopefully Gene and I will play some more pinball again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment