Monday, January 28, 2013

Revisited Illustrations 3: Ramp and Switch

Once I wrote that title, I realized how much that sounds like Bait-andSwitch!  Can Ramp-and-Switch be the new term for when someone tries to sell you a pinball machine and when you show up, the thing is a piece of garbage?  Is there an Urban Dictionary for pinball, or do I have to start one?  What I have for you today are two images form the first issue of DTZ that I've colored:

Alright, I'm going to get a little nerdy on you guys, but I am so in love with coloring in RGB.  These colors are so bright and vivid!  Just look at that aqua lineart!  I can't remember the last time I got aqua that bright!  

Now that I've disengaged my NERD MODE, I just wanted to throw a link your way that I know I've mentioned before.  The dudes at the Silverball Podcast (Rob Craig and Steve Rothchild) do an awesome job!  I love the show and am really desperate for more episodes.  Why I'm bringing them up is that they have a segment on their show called "I saw it on eBay" where they read out online postings for pinball machines, guess how much they are, talk about the condition, and make some really funny jokes.  Talking about the Ramp-and-Switch earlier made me think about pinball sellers.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment