Monday, December 17, 2012

Pinball Poster!

Pinball was such a huge part of the 60's and 70's that it's no surprise that it keeps on popping up in art forms from that era.  There are many instances that I've seen Pinball imagery in rock posters.  If you even look at the back glasses and cabinets of older pinball machines, you can DEFINITELY see that there is some sort of cross-pollination happening between pinball and rock.

Circle wipe to 2011.  The rock band Wilco has curated an arts festival in Massachusetts.  The theme for their poster, PINBALL!!  The tradition lives on!


I saw this screen-printed run of their poster and the money couldn't have flown out of my Paypal account any faster!!!  Now, believe me, I know a thing or two about screen-printing, so trust me when I say that this is a top notch print.  The colors are really even and the registration is perfect.  It is hanging proudly on my wall right next to (off camera) my autograph from Steve Richie :)

Let's get honest here; am I a Wilco fan?  No.  But I am a pinball fan, a screen-printing fan, and a fan of great graphic design!  Welcome to the intersection of my interested in the Venn Diagram!  Remember the LAST TIME this happened?!

You can pick up a copy of the poster HERE!  Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment