Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Drop Target at SPX and PPE 6!!!

There are two events coming up where we will be selling (and signing!) copies of Drop Target Zine in person.

The first is the Small Press Expo, which is this weekend (September 15th and 16th) in Bethesda, Maryland.  Jon will be at table J3 and I will be at either table J1 or J2.  In other words, we are going to be right next to each other, so if you want your copy of Drop Target signed, we will give it the ol' one-two personalized punch up.

It's shaping up to be a pretty amazing SPX this year, with special guests like Chris Ware and Dan Clowes, but right now I think I'm even more excited about the following weekend!

Somehow, I didn't realize until last night, when I was reading some pinball blogs, that the 6th annual Pacific Pinball Expo is September 21st through the 23rd.  !!?!!!?!

After discovering this information, a flurry of emails ensued, and the result is that: 1) I will be volunteering to help set up and tear down the show and 2) I will have copies of Drop Target Zine for sale at the Stern Pinball / Marco Specialties booth!

I am both excited and a little terrified about visiting PPE6...  So far Jon and I have stayed within our wheelhouse - selling Drop Target at comics and zine events, where only a small subset of the attendees are interested in pinball.  I imagine that it will be an entirely different experience going to a convention where it is all pinball fans.  

However things go down, it will make great material for the forthcoming fifth issue of Drop Target (the Community issue) which we hope to have out by the end of the year.  

So anyway, if you are in the D.C. area, we hope to see you at SPX this upcoming weekend, and if you are in the Bay Area, or are traveling there for the Pacific Pinball Exposition, I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment